Are you eager to secure a promising position in one of the most attractive industries of the future? This is your chance to channel all your energy into operations at our Senvion unit in Australia, Melbourne as
Operations Electrical Engineer
About the role:
Reporting to the Service Engineering Manager, your role as Operations Electrical Engineer will see you supporting Operations and Maintenance of wind farm electrical systems and Balance of Plant (BoP), with particular focus on High Voltage (HV) operations.
Your role will be busy and varied, with you being accountable for;
- Planning and technical supervision of works to turbine electrical systems, wind farm HV and SCADA systems across Senvion operational wind farms.
- Ensure compliance with company’s electrical rules, safety, quality systems, legislative and Australian Standard requirements.
- Ensure asset availability, reliability and generation capability are aligned with our customers’ needs and operational requirements.
- Working alongside the Electrical Engineering department, provide electrical turbine and BoP technical support, engineering input and reports to service teams, clients and other stakeholders.
- Work with the Service Trainer and HV Operating Authority to develop training modules relating to electrical systems.
- Support service managers and site teams with technical advice, guidance and delivery of the maintenance services.
- Assist the operations teams with the development of the technical procedures, HV switching programs and provide technical advice during investigations into HV incidents.
- Develop, review and optimise maintenance protocols – electrical systems.
- Liaise with The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) and electricity transmission operators (AusNet, ElectraNet) where necessary.
- Liaise with client engineers, suppliers and subcontractors in the delivery of maintenance and services.
- Assist with the preparation of tenders from time to time.
- Ongoing support, development and mentoring high voltage operators.
- Coordinate interfaces and resolve complex technical problems.
- You will be required to travel to our Australian Wind Farm sites as required.
- What you will ideally bring:
- To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering with demonstrated technical leadership experience.
- Team management (including contracted personnel) experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex electrical systems and devices.
- Sound understanding of design, project management and maintenance of electrical systems in an operational environment.
- Awareness of electrical trends, standards and direction.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, to prioritise competing demands and to focus on delivery of outcomes.
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Technical writing skills and ability to develop technical document and maintenance procedures.
- Experience in largescale operations including Balance of Plant.
- Experience in the Wind Industry.
- High safety standards as a core value.
- Understanding of Australian electricity market, transmission systems and network providers.
- The ability to build relationships with internal and external clients and be responsive to their needs.
- A current unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence.
You will be highly organised and thrive in a busy and ever-changing environment. Your strong written and verbal communication skills will be a key strength coupled with your flexible and adaptable approach.
You will be committed to safety, high quality standards and delivering the best solutions for our business and client
What’s on offer?
- An industry competitive salary package.
- Senvion values your commitment to our business and is proud to support initiatives to better balance your family and work life. These include the option to purchase additional annual leave and flexibility to support your busy life.
- An opportunity to be part of a passionate and committed team in exciting and rapidly developing Australian market.
- Our business:
- Senvion Australia has been delivering wind energy solutions since 2002.
- Our people have the skills and expertise to safely design, build, operate and maintain wind farms.
- We have delivered over 900 megawatts of wind capacity across 14 projects in Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia.
- The Australian team is also responsible for Senvion's presence in the Asia Pacific region, and has been active in the Japan market since 2003.
- Senvion Australia is a 100% owned subsidiary of Hamburg-based Senvion GmbH,a wind turbine manufacturer with close to 15 gigawatts of wind energy installed globally.
- Senvion Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively promotes equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and women are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume below.
Your time is valuable and we won’t leave you waiting. Our advertising closes on the 4 April 2019, and you can expect to hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Best of luck!