What do you do at Senvion? – describe your job.
I lead the Sales efforts for the Australian and Japanese wind markets, working closely with our Project Engineering, Service and Project Management teams.
What do you like about your work?
More than any other company I have worked in, Senvion Australia exhibits a One Team culture which really inspires me.
I have always been interested in clean energy, and I love being a part of the clean energy revolution in Australia. It is a great time for Senvion in Australia - there are strong renewable energy policies in place, the Senvion product range means that our clients can be assured that they are getting the right technology for their sites, and we have a highly skilled and experienced team in place that can be relied on to deliver quality projects.
What makes you proud of your work?
We are starting to see investor confidence returning to the Australian market after a fairly prolonged period of policy uncertainty. We recently secured a number of wind turbine orders, which is very exciting from a sales perspective and a great achievement for the organisation.
However, what I am most proud of is the role that I play in facilitating the involvement of our highly skilled engineers who work hard to deliver tailored solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
To mention just a few of the people I am proud to work with:
- Tom Hanselmann leads our engineering team and brings over 13-years of experience working in the wind industry, and who has facilitated the connection of over 1,000 megawatts of wind energy to the grid.
- Dr Katrina Swalwell leads our wind engineering team which plays a key role in optimising wind turbine layout to get the most from our turbines, delivering better value for our customers.
- David Hodson, a Senior Electrical Engineer, specialises in grid connection and noise and helps optimise the grid connection solutions for our clients.
- Paul Phelan our Head of Projects has significant wind farm delivery experience having successfully project managed over 100 megawatts of installed wind energy for Senvion
- Dale Wiessner, Project Manager, is a Chartered Engineer who has significant experience in delivering the balance of plant component of wind farm projects at all development stages – concept, design, construction, operation and maintenance. He is currently leading the delivery of the wind energy component of EDL’s Hybrid Renewables Project in Coober Pedy.
Does wind power play a part in your personal life as well?
I am fascinated by the role that renewable energy can play in reducing greenhouse pollution from the energy sector. I love working for a company that is helping to reduce emissions one turbine at a time. My passion for wind energy is something that my friends and family can attest to as I can often be found talking about the wonders of renewables!