A globally trusted partner in the wind industry

About Senvion

Senvion is a leading global developer and manufacturer of onshore and offshore wind turbine generators, operating in twenty countries with approximately 17 gigawatts (GW) of cumulative installed capacity worldwide. Senvion holds a strong competitive position in its core markets of Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Australia and Canada and is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. In addition, Senvion has a clear focus on entering and realizing market potential in new markets.

Senvion was founded under the name REpower Systems AG in 2000 as a merger of engineering companies (Jacobs Energy, BWU, pro+pro). In the meantime the company has constantly grown and became a ~2bn€ company with approx. 4000 employees. Senvion generates around 90% of its revenue from the sale of onshore and offshore WTGs. The remaining 10% are based on Operations and Maintenance (O&M) service contracts.

Scope of Senvion

Senvion develops, manufactures, assembles, installs and market a competitive range of technologically advanced Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) in the 2MW, 3MW, 4MW and 6MW class. Senvion’s WTGs are designed to operate in high, medium or low wind speeds in both onshore and offshore markets for a broad base of customers, including seven of the top twelve global wind utility companies such as RWE, EDF, Vattenfall and Enel large-scale wind farm developers and leading independent producers of renewable power projects. As one of the pioneers in the wind industry, Senvion has gained extensive experience from the assembly and installation of approximately 7900 WTGs. This experience, in combination with engineering capabilities, has historically enabled Senvion to develop a diverse range of WTG technologies and establish a competitive position in the market. Senvion offers project specific solutions in the areas of turnkey, service and maintenance, transport and installation, as well as foundation planning and construction.

The systems are designed at the Senvion TechCenter in Osterrönfeld and manufactured in Germany as well as Portugal.

Our vision

The Government of India has announced a laudable Renewable Energy target of 175 GW by 2022 out of which 60 GW will be coming from wind power. As India’s wind industry matures, our dedication to the country grows. We have decided to define India as our key core market and our vision is to have a long term commitment to this very attractive market.

Our Strategy in India

Senvion has decided to not only grow in India but also tap on the intellectual strength of the country by opening its largest R&D facility in Bangalore outside of Germany. Senvion decided to invest in India by acquiring the assets from Kenersys in 2016 and grow from there.

Senvion will undertake project development work and provide full turnkey solutions in India along with its latest turbines offering with an intent to consistently reduce LCoE year over year and therefore meet our customers’ business cases. Senvion shall undertake full comprehensive O&M responsibility for 10 years and beyond as needed.

Senvion has launched its 2.XM series of wind turbines in India and is working with its customer to make the wind industry competitive and relentlessly reduce LCoE. This can be achieved by capturing more wind by the wind turbine and proper pre-engineering of wind sites. And that exactly what Senvion is dedicated towards.
Amit Kansal CEO and Managing Director of Senvion India

Quality is our guarantee on performance

We aim to ensure that our turbines remain efficient throughout their entire service life, starting from the moment of conception to realization, commissioning and service. Over numerous years our wind turbines have built up a proven track record of reliability and efficiency, so that we are able to give you a contractual guarantee regarding performance curve and  technical availability.

A solid investment

As a German engineering company we do focus on the technical aspects of your project but not without ever losing sight of your investment objectives. We know that a project can only be successful if you can produce a kilowatt hour at a price that can compete with other energy sources. Reliability is our key to generating low cost energy. That is why we are always striving to set new standards for innovation and quality for our wind turbines and services.

We are an international player

Senvion is based in Hamburg, Germany. With subsidiaries and distribution partners all over the world, we focus on markets in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Turkey, the UK as well as in Australia, Argentina, Canada, China, Chile and the USA. Senvion S.A. is listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.

More about on Senvion Global Website


Senvion India Pvt. Ltd.
504-Delphi, Wing ‘B’, Hiranandani Business Park, Sector 3
Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076 · India