Senvion USA is a division of German-based Senvion S.A., one of the world’s leading turbine manufacturers in the wind energy sector and a pioneer in the offshore business. Our mission is to provide the latest wind energy technology, at the lowest cost possible. We contribute to the local economy by providing long-term stable employment and creating local supply chains for our products and services wherever possible. Senvion USA was founded in 2007 in Portland, Oregon and moved to Denver, Colorado in 2009.
Senvion is owned by Centerbridge Partners, a New York-based private equity firm. Our technology is designed in Germany.
Senvion USA Corp. is located in Denver, Colorado in recognition of the city’s central location to the growing wind industry in the western and Midwestern United States. We also have a warehouse in Portland, Oregon. Senvion USA has an installed capacity of 1,200 MW across the country, which includes hundreds of wind turbines across the Pacific Northwest, California, Alaska, Indiana, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma and Minnesota.
Senvion staff are passionate about clean energy. Our goal is to deliver wind power to communities across the United States at a low cost while using the latest technology. Our team of highly skilled and well-trained employees delivers regional expertise to wind farms across the continent. Senvion is dedicated to support communities in getting the most out of their projects, while also maximizing the environmental, social and economic benefits of wind energy.
We have an experienced team of project managers that understand and know our technology intimately. They are ready to go the extra mile for your wind farm in making sure you meet your operation timelines without breaking the bank.
The road from planning a wind power project to its energy-producing start is long, and begins well before the actual construction phase, with setting up the necessary infrastructure and laying a solid foundation for your wind project. You can rely on our experts’ support and experience every step of the way – from road planning, supply chain management and installations, to the connection of every single wind turbine to the grid.
- 2016: Senvion announces 15-year extension of its operations and maintenance contracts for 95 turbines across two wind farms in the United States, Howard and Twin Ridges, with developer Everpower
- 2016: Launch of the Senvion 3.4M140 for the North American market at AWEA Windpower.
- 2015: Senvion is acquired by Centerbridge Partners, a New York-based private equity firm
- 2013/2014: REpower changes its name to Senvion following the expiration of a name license agreement
- 2012: Senvion reaches an installed capacity of over 1,200 MW in the United States
- 2011: Senvion USA delivers 12 MM92 type turbines for cold climates to Eva Creek, Alaska’s first large-scale wind power project, located near Ferry and developed by the Golden Valley Electric Association
- 2010: Senvion starts supplying the first phase of 340 MW Lake Country wind farm in central Minnesota, developed by National Wind LLC, America’s leading large-scale community wind project developer
- 2007: Senvion’s first office in the United States opens in Denver, Colorado